Mothers are special people. With that being said, Baking for Health wanted to take a moment to express our gratitude for the women that play such an important role in our lives. Happy Mother’s Day! The world is clearly a better place because of you!
Here are ten of our favorite quotes about mothers:
- “The phrase “working mother” is redundant.” – Jane Sellman
- “The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.” – W. R. Wallace
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” – Oprah Winfrey
- There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.” -Jill Churchill
- “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them.” – Phyllis Diller
- “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.” - Mildred B. Vermont
- “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” -Helen Rice
- “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.” -Ferrell Sims
- “When your mother asks, “Do you want a piece of advice?” it is a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” -Erma Bombeck
- “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” -George Eliot
Warm sentiments about mothers have been shared from one generation to the next. You’re likely to have your own thoughts about being a mother. We’d love to hear what you have to say about the subject.
Part of living a healthy lifestyle is nurturing the relationships you have with others. How do you care for the ones you love most? Do you encourage them to be physically active and to eat a nutritious diet of raw foods?
If this sounds like you, you’d benefit from one of our sampler packs. There are several different options for you to choose from. Select the Sun Gem, Savory, Sweet and Savory, Just Granola, Assorted Sweets or the Very Happy Family Sampler. Imagine the time you’ll save by having healthy, raw, vegan snacks on hand in their own individual packages. Visit http://www.bakingforhealth.com for more information.
The most common New Year’s resolutions are based on healthy living, diet, and getting fit. I have a great plan to help you achieve your goals. Become Vegan or try a new diet of raw foods as a simple solution if you are ready to try something new. You can change all of your meals or simply add a few dishes for a great way to increase your intake of nuts and vegetables. Plus, we have snacks and deserts that you and your family will love.
Our site gives you unique recipes to help you construct delicious raw food and vegan dishes. You don’t have to give up foods you enjoy on your new diet. Check out our recipes and enjoy guilt free Coco pudding, Quick and Easy Nut Cheese, Babaganoush, and Linguini.
We also give you a selection of premade vegan and raw food pies and cakes to choose from. You can eat cheesecake and pecan pie with no guilt. Your 3 o’clock hunger pains can be staved off with our delicious snacks. Almond Fudge, Beyond Brittle, Nori Nosh, Sun Gems Lemon Crunch, and Living Granola are some of the treats you won’t mind sharing with your kids.
You may want to increase your knowledge base of preparing vegan and raw foods and take cooking lessons with us or arrange a private consultation. We will help you get started and answer your questions on raw and vegan foods.
Once you have started you may want to send a friend or family member one of our gift baskets. You will be giving more than a sweet gift, you’ll be introducing them to a healthier lifestyle. Make certain you check back with us to read our future blogs on Vegan and Raw Foods where you’ll find support on your new diet.
What exactly is a raw vegan diet and why should I consider adopting one? There are a number of advantages to eating an uncooked, plant-based diet. Let’s take a look at a few:
- Less disease and health concerns.
- A large variety of nutrient rich, low calorie foods to choose from.
- Easier to digest and absorb nutrients and enzymes.
- Inexpensive because you can grow fruit, vegetables, herbs, and nuts yourself.
- Detoxifies system.
- Helps you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight.
A raw vegan diet consists of raw fruits and vegetables, nuts and nut pastes or butters, seeds, sprouted grain and legumes, plant oils, herbs, and fresh juices. Organic is always the best. After a very short time, old cravings will subside and you’ll start to notice a difference in the type of food that you gravitate to. Instead of sugar-laden, nutrient dense food, you’ll want something soul-satisfying and rich in vitamins and nutrients.
With so much encouragement to eat raw, how could you not try at least one new recipe? Not only will you look better, you’ll feel fantastic. Without a diet of sugar and processed foods, you’ll live up to your fullest potential. You’ll experience higher energy levels which will allow you to concentrate at the task at hand. You’ll also lessen your risk factors for heart disease, hypertension, and Type 2 Diabetes.
It’s a win-win for you. You’ll get to sample a whole new menu’s worth of food that you’ve never tried and improve your health at the same time. Who doesn’t want to maintain their ideal weight, get creative in the kitchen, and live a long, healthy life?